Sunday, September 22, 2013

Where I Am At


Just when I get so discouraged from the layoff from 2 1/2 years ago, I am reminded I am supposed to be where I am at this moment in time..

Along comes a mother of a new student pleading with me to take care of her daughter ~ the first in her family to attend college ~ "Watch over her," she says, "Let her know that this is a place she can come for help."  I give her my card and tell her I will be here for her just like a second mother.  I step around the counter, and we have a group hug.  The mother cries softly.


The money is tight ~ the hours are far less ~ in the job offered to me nearly 19 months ago.  But it is times like these that make me realize how much I make a difference in a simple moment in time ~ on a seemingly routine day ~ the gesture of reassurance to a parent who trusts me to take good care of her daughter.


 

 

 


 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment