Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Getting on The A Train


Sometimes you can not see what is right in front of you.

All along he was there.


He told me all I needed to remember was to get on the A train when I was in New York.


It would take me anywhere.


I got on just about every other train.


Found myself getting lost.

Walking in circles.

And when I came back, there he was.


Smiling, laughing, greeting me each morning.


With friendly banter about my trip ~


But I could not see what was right in front of me.


I took off in another direction, got blindsided by another situation, fell flat on my face, and when I picked myself back up, he was still there.


Still wanting to see all those pictures I took in New York.


Still wanting to be my friend.


My detour ~ my derailment ~ is over.

I'm getting on the A train.



No comments:

Post a Comment