Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Extortionist

He said I had to pay him back.

The lawyer and the bail money.

Because I called 911.

It was my fault he had to pay $2500 to get released in less than 4 hours.

It was my fault it took $2500 to get the case dropped.

He said I had to move back to pay him back.

Unless I could pay him in full.

Oh, how I tried to get all the money at once.

I tried, and I failed.

I could not ask my father.   I do not think I had even told him that my head was bashed into the wall three months earlier.

I only asked one person for only 1/3 of the amount ~ but once she was tipped off by another person that the money was for "a man," she refused the loan and never spoke to me again.

And so I was led back to my own concentration camp ~ my very own prison ~ suffering two more years of even worse physical abuse ~ each month ~ as I logged each check I wrote him ~ payable to The Extortionist.

1 comment: