Saturday, January 15, 2011

Uncensored

For the first time in my life, I feel uncensored.  It may have taken me 5 1/2 years to get to the point of self-expression, but it was worth the wait. I am now sharing stories I wrote in the past and more stories about my past experience with domestic violence.  Some of them may be too hard for you to read.  But I need to write in order to heal.  And I feel the silence has followed me even after 5 1/2 years of survival.  I still only talk about this experience with only a few people in my life.  I can literally count on one hand the number of family or friends I have discussed my past with in the last 10 years since I first met him.  I hope the blog will encourage my readers who know me to feel comfortable reaching out to me to talk about my life.  And to talk about how you may actually know another woman in the same situation.

End the Silence on Domestic Violence!




Uncensored

No comments:

Post a Comment