Friday, February 20, 2015

On Board


I took my second class last night and had to introduce myself to a new rabbi.

I told her about my community of Jewish friends and how I have been seriously thinking of converting to Judaism for the past two months.  I ended the introduction by saying I am on board to committing myself to two years of study to make this conversion dream come true.

She lovingly took the Torah out of the arc, describing the beautifully decorated curtain, the torah crown with little silver bells, and silver the hand pointer.

I stood there fascinated ~

And when she unrolled the Torah, describing how it takes one full year to create ~ when she took the hand pointer and found a passage to read ~ when she translated Hebrew for us ~ I got chills.

Another sign ~







No comments:

Post a Comment