Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Holiday

I am wondering how I will be affected by the holiday season that is now prevalent nearly everywhere ~ gets earlier every year ~ had a bumpy week last week ~ experiencing random feelings of sadness ~ and then realized it was starting ~ the annual roller coaster of emotions leading up to the anniversary of my mother's death on Christmas Day.  

The 16th anniversary of "The Last Best Christmas" approaches too fast ~ and every year, I say will be happier ~ more festive ~ and every year I muddle through without a whole lot of enthusiasm but still a whole lot of good food.  I am sorry Mom, but it is still sometimes too hard to fake it.

This year may be harder as it will be the second Christmas without my Great Aunt Pearlie and the first Christmas without her beloved older sister, my Nanny.

I got a little practice at K-Mart, using the internet next to the Christmas trees that they put up in late September.  But usually I wince at Christmas displays inside stores.  Somehow, I still enjoy Christmas lights and beautifully decorated window displays and yards.

Been missing my fur family much more terribly than ever before and wishing for a life that left me the past two years.  Still life is good, and I know it will continue to get better.  

Somehow I will honor My Mom, My Nanny, and My Great Aunt Pearlie by "Living for the Living" and enjoy the holiday season in the best way I can.  I miss all three of you, and I feel your presence wherever I go ~ whatever I do ~ I know you are somehow still here watching over me ~

No comments:

Post a Comment