Friday, January 16, 2015

Facebook "Detox" ~ Day 14



I laugh at the word "Detox" in this title as the past two weeks have truly been nothing like a detox.

Life without Facebook has transformed me!!!

My life feels so much richer, so much realer ~ than living in any type of cyberspace universe in which many people seem to only try to paint their lives in such a way that everything is glorious every day of the week.

I used Facebook as a way to conduct online domestic violence advocacy and a way to stay in touch with family and close friends.  But now I am picking up the phone or writing a long letter or email instead.

I went back online for 11 hours to let my domestic violence advocates know where I went and to ask for their contact information.  I was planning to stay online for 24 hours to generate more responses, but by the 10th hour, I asked to borrow a computer late at night to deactivate again.  Went over to the Westside to click one button and rid myself all over again of such a negative experience.  Such a relief to get offline, off the grid, and back to reality!!!

The negative circumstances that led to my deactivation were truly a gift, and I give silent thanks every day.

I am glad my computer is broken, I am glad my router is on the blink, I am glad I have had no internet at home for months now ~ I am glad to be rid of Facebook for now and to taste what life used to be like before I was so self-absorbed in Keeping of with The Joneses.  Lol!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment