Sunday, January 11, 2015

Walking Away The Pain



How the hell did I lose 30 pounds in a few months?

I look down at my new body and practically laugh out loud.

At first, I was simply baffled.

Maybe I am dying, I thought.

Yes, it is finally happening, I thought.  I am dying young just like my mother.

How else did I lose all this weight?

But then I realized that

                                   I walked away the pain ~
                                                                          
                                                                           when

                                                                               I walked toward happiness.

And with every pound that was unknowingly shed, 
                          
                          I gained Infinite 
                                                   Ounces of Pleasure ~ 
                                                                                   Pounds of Peace ~ 
                                                                                                            Tons of Joy ~

I feel like shouting ~

I want to tell the whole world ~

I want to shout it out right here on campus today ~

That I am so happy ~

                                So damn happy ~

                                                          
I walked away the pain ~

                                 I walked toward happiness ~






"Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open."
~ John Barrymore



No comments:

Post a Comment