Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Trust



It is amazing what healing can do.

For the first time in my life, I finally trust another human being that is not a family member.

I can be myself.

I can speak my truth.

And I know I will not be judged.

That I will still be accepted.

For the first time in my life, minor conflicts are resolved quickly and easily.  Little things are just let go.

To be genuine and authentic is such a gift.

I always used to hate the word "vulnerable."

Ha, ha ~ I am so vulnerable now.

But it is okay.

And sometimes I cry because I have made myself so vulnerable.

And not because I am sad but because I am happy.

I have never been happier in my whole life.

There once was a time when I was told not to speak, not to ask questions, not to have an opinion on anything.

But I can speak now and be heard.

Misting up here just thinking how joyful this all makes me feel.

I am amazed.

There really are people in this world that I can trust.

That I can be open and free with on a daily basis.

I feel valued and appreciated for the first time in my life.

I feel real.

I feel alive.

There is no more "maintaining my existence" ~ holding on for a better day.

The better days are now.

They are here.

And I am so grateful.







"At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person.  Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us."

~ Albert Schweitzer








No comments:

Post a Comment